Musical Monday - 4/5/10

Well hello April! This year is just flying by, isn't it? So I decided to start a little series in April entitled, "What's Playing On Dad's iPod?" This month we will dive into my dad's iPod and see what he's listening to.

Today's selection is a great doo wop oldie from Gene Chandler. 'Duke of Earl' is a classic tune that will get you tapping your foot, almost uncontrollably. This song makes me think about when I was younger and dad, mom, my cousins, Addie and Amy, and I would go fishing we would all be in my dad's 1966 Chevy Nova (my first car by the way) and we would be jamming to all the classic oldies. We all loved hearing this song and we would all sing the backup singers parts. Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl... Memories...

Now on with the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment