Musical Monday: Beautiful Things

My wife has already posted about Gungor so I may not be the first person to tell you about them, but I have to do my civic duty to let everyone know about this amazing band. Gungor, formally known as The Michael Gungor Band, is from Denver, CO and have released a few EPs under the new band name and one major album, Beautiful Things. I had never heard of Gungor until Heather and I were invited to a benefit concert by our close friends, Jordan and Amanda Green who was going to Kenya, Africa on a missions trip. The concert consisted on a few local bands from around the Laurens, SC area and the final act was one of the guys who was headed to Africa. He closed with an amazing song that we both thought was an original song, but later found out it wasn’t. We looked up the song and found a couple of versions, an acoustical version and the original album version.

I love the album version, but the acoustic version is so simple yet so inspiring. I have probably listened to this song and album 100 times since finding them. (Thank you Spotify!) Head over to New Release Tuesday for a little more story behind the song and Worship Together if you want to learn how to play it on guitar.

Sit back, relax and give this suburb worship song about God taking the tragedies in the world and turning them into beautiful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment