Musical Tuesday - 6/1/10

It's June...JUNE!?! Already? Man I'm getting old. If you didn't know, my birthday day in June 13 and I will be the ripe old age of 27. I'll officially be in my late 20s. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I have 13 days to come to grips.

So, during the month of June we will be on another musical journey through time and space...well, maybe just time. I've picked out some tunes from the year I was born, 1983. I hope you stick around this month and check out some epic early 80s music.

Today's selection comes to us from across the pond. Dexys Midnight Runners...who came up with that catchy name? 'Come on Eileen' is a classic 80s tune with like 8 tempo changes and some awesome falsetto singing....at least is sounds like they straining to hit some notes. You can't think of this song and not laugh because of the video they made, I mean come on guys...overalls? Really!?!

Enjoy this wonderful 1983 classic.

1 comment: